(1) What are the advantages of a padded dress form?
(2) Of what must one be careful in selecting a solid form for padding?
(3) Why are tight linings cut crosswise of the material?
(4) (a) Describe the placing of the pattern on the material for a tight lining. (b) Why are wide seam allowances desirable in a dress-form covering ?
(5) Why is the covering for a dress form left open in the back?
(6) Describe the pinning and basting of the two-piece sleeve for a dress form.
(7) Why is it necessary to have an accurately marked waist line on a dress form?
(8) How is a lining fitted on: (a) very square shoulders? (b) sloping shoulders ?
(9) (a) Of what must one be careful in placing cotton padding on a dress form? ( b ) What precaution is necessary regarding the pins used in securing the padding to a form?
(10) (a) Why is it advisable to keep a covered dress form clean? ( b ) What are the advantages of a form skirt?
(11) In what way is featherbone superior to whalebone?
(12) (a) What materials are most suitable for tight boned linings? ( b ) Why is it advisable not to use the same. material for the lining sleeves as for the lining itself ?
(13) What seam regulates the length of the featherbone pieces?
(14) Describe the method of finishing featherbone at the end.
(15) What is meant by: ( a ) springing the bone in a seam? (b) easing the material on the bone?
(16) Why are different shapes and widths of girdle forms necessary?
(17) What is the advantage of using five-cord tape for some girdle forms in preference to the regular featherbone?
(18) Of what must one be careful in binding the edges of a girdle form?
(19) What girdle form is best suited to a long-waisted dress?
(20) Submit a sampler of a casing and facing prepared for hooks and eyes.